Monday 18 May 2015

Items in the classrom, in Te Reo Maori and English


Hello this is a post about our Language lesson earlier this week, The Language was in Te Reo Maori and it was fun doing this with Whaea Petra because she was making all of us speak in Te Reo Maori and it was also funny when I was trying to talk to Willy but then he tries talking back and we did not understand what he said but we didn't want to be sad and say to him that we don't know what your saying but instead of saying that we just nod our heads and say "Oh cool" but really we did not understand a thing he said. Kia Ke Te (I think that's how you say it???)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to hear you are enjoying the learning te reo Maori Stanley - ka rawe/choice! I like how you have checked the Maori definitions to make sure they match the english words but you may need to check your Maori word for chair (your Maori word means something else).
Perhaps next time you could try and help your friend Willy with his pronunciation of Maori words and phrases :-)
Ka kite is the phrase I think you mean - it means see you in Maori.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Whaea Petra when she says you could try and help me with my pronunciation of words in Maori. It's all good if you say you don't understand a word I'm trying to say, that signals me that I need to improve.

*sniff* *sniff* Now I see the truth...no, you could help me next time.

Post a Comment